350 g/ 12 oz skinless boneless cooked chicken
25 g/ 1 oz pitted black olives
115 g/ 4 oz mature cheddar cheese
2 tsp chilli or green pepper sauce
4 Tbsp mayonnaise
1 Tsp – 1 Tbsp chilli powder (according to taste)
1 clove garlic
55 g/ 2 oz tortilla chips
2 packets (240g each) chilled fresh ready to bake dough for six croissants
1 container (170g) salsa, for serving
150 ml / ¼ pint sour cream, for serving.
1. Preheat oven to 190ºC/375ºF/Gas 5. Chop onion and olives using Food Chopper; place in Classic Batter Bowl. Chop chicken with Chef’s knife, and add to bowl. Press garlic with Garlic Press into bowl.Grate cheese into bowl using Deluxe Cheese Grater. Add chilli sauce, mayonnaise and seasoning; mix well.
2. Seed and remove core from 1 tomato with Cooks Corer. Chop tomato using Utility Knife. Slice lime in half. Juice one half to measure 1 teaspoon, set aside remaining half of lime. Add chopped tomato and juice to bowl.
3. Sprinkle crushed chips over flat side of Large Grooved Cutting Board. Unroll croissant dough. Place dough, sticky side down, onto crushed chips; press down lightly so that chips stick to dough. Separate dough into triangles. Arrange triangles (chip side down) in a circle on Classic Round Stone with wide ends of triangles overlapping in the centre and pointed ends towards the outside (there should be at 13cm opening in centre of Stone). Gently press edges where they meet to seal.
4. Using Medium Scoop, scoop chicken mixture evenly onto the widest end of each triangle. Bring outside points of triangles up over filling and tuck under wide ends of dough at centre of ring (filling should not be completely covered). Place Baking Stone in Classic and Rectangle Rack. Bake 25-30 minutes, or until deep golden brown.
5. Cut remaining tomato into 8 wedges. Cut remaining half of lime into 4 slices; cut slices in half. Alternately arrange tomato wedges and lime between openings of ring. Cut into portions using Pizza Cutter. Serve with salsa and sour cream.
Serves 8, or 16 sample servings.
Independent Director for the Pampered Chef