I love this recipe. So easy and quick to make and so tasty. You can easily replace the turkey with chicken if you prefer. Great for dinner served with some salad leaves or (more likely in my house!) mash & peas.
I also use this as a classic “hide the turkey” recipe for after christmas. Recently, a good friend of mine has told me that she uses this recipe to great effect when its really busy. Tell everyone that the recipe requires concentration and you need to not be disturbed for an hour. Shut the kitchen door, cook for 5 minutes and then read your book for the rest of the hour!!! Genius!!!!
2 packets (240g each) chilled fresh dough for six croissants
or if unavailable, 450g ready rolled puff pastry
6 tbsp mayonnaise
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
225g/8 oz boneless, skinless cooked turkey (or chicken)
1 stick celery
3 tbsp fresh parsley
85g/3oz dried cranberries
85g/3oz Gruyere cheese
20g/1½ oz walnuts
1 clove garlic
1 egg white
- Preheat oven to 190˚C/ FAN 170˚C/ 375˚F /Gas Mark 5
- Unroll dough and separate into 12 triangles. Arrange in a circle on Medium Round Stone with wide ends of triangles overlapping in the centre and pointed ends towards the outside (there should be about 13 cm opening in centre of Stone). Gently press edges where they meet to seal.
- Using Adjustable Measuring Spoons, measure mayonnaise, mustard and black pepper into Classic Batter Bowl. Chop turkey on Cutting board using Food Chopper. Thinly slice celery using Forged Cutlery Utility Knife and finely chope parsley. Add turkey, celery, parsley and cranberries to batter bowl. Grate cheese into bowl using Rotary grater; mix well using Small mix ‘N Scraper.
- Scoop turkey mixture evenly in the middle of the triangles of dough. Bring outside points of triangles up over filling. Tuck under wide ends of dough at centre of ring (filling should not be completely covered).
- Lightly beat egg white in Prep Bowl using Stainless Whisk. Brush egg white over dough. Coarsely chop walnuts; sprinkle over top
- Bake 25-30 minutes until deep golden brown. Slice with Pizza Cutter and serve using mini serving spatula.
Independent Kitchen Consultant for the Pampered Chef