This is a fantastic “chuck and bung” recipe. Literally chuck all the ingredients in the stone and bung in the oven! It is YUMMY!!!
4-5 Chicken breasts (skinless)
1 large or two small red onions
1 red pepper
1 green pepper
1 red chilli
2 cloves garlic
1 jar of salsa
2 tablespoons sugar
Tin of tomatoes
Small jar tomato puree
Packet of Mexican spice mix -taco/ enchilada/ fajita (1 Tbsp reserved for potato wedges)
1 chicken stock cube
Sour cream and grated cheddar cheese to serve (optional)
Mexican Spiced Wedges
1 Tbsp reserved Mexican Spice Mix
1 Tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 220 (200 fan oven)
- Wedge potatoes, place in Large Micro Cooker with a tablespoon water and microwave on high 10 mins. Drain and shake gently. Add spices and oil and mix to coat. Put on Medium Round Stone.
- For the Mexican Chicken, slice the chicken and peppers into thin slices with Forged Knife on Flexible Cutting Mat. Chop onion and chilli with Food Chopper, crush garlic with Garlic Crusher, zest lime with Microplane and juice with Citrus Press. Open Tomato Puree with Smooth Edge Can Opener.
- Place all the Mexican Chicken ingredients into a rectangular baker and cook for 15 mins.
- Take out and stir and then put wedges in the oven. Cook wedges and Mexican chicken for 20 mins until chicken is cooked through and wedges golden and crisp.
- Put cheese and sour cream in bamboo bowls to serve.
Independent Director for the Pampered Chef