As promised, here is the recipe for these yummy things!
Makes 9 or 10 cookies (depending how generous you are!)
75g Dried Apricots
100g Plain Flour
60g Whole Porridge Oats
50g Chopped Hazlenuts (optional)
125 Unsalted Butter
75g Soft Light Brown Sugar
2 tbsp Runny Honey
- Preheat oven to 180C/ Gas 4. If not using stoneware lightly grease baking trays. Cut the apricots into small pieces and put in a Classic Batter Bowl.
- Add Flour, Oats and Hazelnuts to the Bowl. Mix together.
- Cut butter into chunks and put in saucepan. Add Sugar & Honey and heat over a low heat. Stir gently until butter and sugar have melted.
- Add the butter mixture to the dried mixture and mix. Put 5 dessert spoonfuls of the cookie dough onto the stone leaving space between each one.
- Flatten the cookies a little so they are about 1cm thick. Bake for 15 mins or until they are light golden
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool slightly. Then transfer to cooling rack to cool and become crisp.
Alternatives: Chopped dried cherries, raisins, cranberries, peaches or dates instead of apricots. Any nuts instead of hazelnuts if preferred.