This is a totally yummy and fantastic cheesecake which can be whipped up in under 5 minutes (plus chilling time).
200g ginger snap biscuits, crushed (easiest and quickest way to get uniform biscuit crumbs is to use a Food Chopper)
50g melted butter
500g Mascarpone Cheese
40g icing sugar, sifted
finely grated zest and juice of 2 limes (using fine microplane grater and citrus press by far the best way)
Optional Decoration: 50g Dark Chocolate; 50g caster sugar; a few grapes
- Mix together the crushed biscuits and melted butter and press into the base of the Springform Pan (or loose bottomed cake tin)
- Put Mascarpone, icing sugar, lime zest, lime juice in Batter Bowl. Beat together using Mix ‘N Scraper.
- Spread over biscuit base. Chill for 30 mins (or even overnight)
- To Decorate (which I rarely do!) Melt the chocolate. Wash and pat dry some fresh rose leaves. Pull the underside of the leaves along the melted chocolate until coated. Allow leaves to dry coated side up.
- Meanwhile to frost the grapes, dip in water, shake off excess and coat with caster sugar.
- Carefully peel away easy rose leaf starting at the stem and arrange with the grapes on top of the torte.