This is a really yummy and quick pizza. The photo here is showing a home made pizza base, courtesy of the lovely Heather Bradley, and it has chicken rather than turkey (though I guess you couldn’t tell that from the photo!). Yumm!!
1 chilled fresh part-baked thin pizza base, 24cm in diameter (about 165g)
1 cooked turkey breast steak (about 125g)
30g mature Cheddar Cheese
30g Red leicester Chees
1/2 small red pepper, seeded
1/2 small green pepper, seeded
1 small red onion
2tsp fajita spice mix
1tsp sunflower oil
150g processed cheese spread
- Preheat oven to 220C / fan 200C/ Gas 7. Place pizza base, top-side down, on Medium Round Stone with Handles. Bake 5-6 mins or until base is crisp and firm. Remove baking stone from oven to Stackable Cooling Rack; turn pizza base top-side up using Chef’s Tongs
- Meanwhile, slice turkey into thin strips using Chef’s Knife; set aside. Grate both cheese in to Small Batter Bowl; mix and set aside. Cut peppers and onion into thin slices using either Santoku Knife or Simple Slicer. Combine peppers, onion and spice mix in Classic Batter Bowl; toss to coat.
- Heat sunflower oil in 24cm Skillet over medium heat 1-2 mins or until hot. Add vegetables to Skillet; cook 2-3 mins or until just tender, stirring once. Add turkey; cook about 1 minute of until heated through, stirring. Remove skillet from heat.
- Using small spreader, evenly spread cheese over pizza base to within 2.5 cm of edge. Top evenly with turkey mixture; sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Bake 8-10 mins or until cheese is melter. Remove from oven, cut pizza into wedges with Pizza Cutter. Serve using Mini-Serving Spatula.
Serves 4 as a main meal; serves 6 as a light lunch or supper.