This is a fantastic vegetarian recipe which you can use for a lovely, quick meal served with a green salad or it looks fantastic at a buffet or party. Only you will know that it took minutes to prepare!!
1 small red pepper
2 spring onions
40g sun-dried tomatoes (that have been packed in oil, drained)
40g black olives, pitted and sliced
60g feta cheese
125g mozzarella cheese, grated
2 tsp dried Italian herbs
1 clove garlic
20g parmesan, grated
2 packs of croissant dough (each pack to make 6 croissants)
- Preheat oven to 190ºc/Gas Mark 5. Chop red pepper and thinly slice spring onions. Drain tomatoes and snip with kitchen scissors.
- In a large bowl, mix red pepper, spring onions, tomatoes, olives, mozzarella , crushed garlic and herbs. Crumble in the feta and mix well.
- Open croissant dough and separate out to make 12 triangles. Lay out the triangles on a flat stoneware sheet to form a sun shape with the ends overlapping and a space in the centre.
- Place filling evenly over the overlapped ends and tuck the long points into the centre of the ring. Brush with milk and sprinkle on the parmesan.
- Bake for 25-30 mins until deep golden brown.