This is a ring recipe which you can use at any time of day, but with scrambled eggs and asparagus wrapped in prosciutto and then wrapped in croissant dough it works brilliantly for a breakfast or brunch meeting.
- 8 slices of prosciutto (about 100g)
- 1/3 cup milk
- 6 eggs
- salt & pepper
- one bunch asparagus, tough ends snapped off 150g prepared weight
- 90g finely chopped leeks
- one red pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cans refrigerated croissant dough
- 50g chunk Parmesan cheese
- 1 pack feta cheese
- 1 small bunch fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 190 (170 in a fan oven) Finely slice the asparagus, chop leeks and red pepper with Food Chopper and cook with olive oil in family skillet until crisp tender. Add in your eggs and feta cheese and season with salt and pepper. Gently fold your eggs until cooked through but still moist. Snip parsley with Kitchen Shears and add to egg mixture. Set aside.
- Unroll your croissant dough and place triangles on a medium round stone to form a circle. Slightly overlap the thick end of the dough and have the narrow end point toward the edge of the stone.
- Place a slice of prosciutto on each dough triangle (you may need to cut the prosciutto slice depending on how big your slice is).
- Sprinkle the widest edge with 1/3 of your Parmesan cheese. Top the cheese with the egg mixture and sprinkle with another 1/3 of the cheese.
- Gently pull the tips of the dough over the egg and tuck into the underneath of the dough. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake 20 – 25 minutes.