This is a genius recipe designed by another Pampered Chef consultant called Diana Brown. It is a twist on coronation chicken and tastes A-MA-ZING!
2 tubes fresh croissant dough
1 cm piece fresh ginger, peeled.
1 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, peeled
2 tsp medium curry powder
50 g ready to eat dried apricots
1 stick celery
3 tbsp mango chutney
8 tbsp soured cream (mayo + creme fraishe would substitute
3 cooked chicken breasts
2 tbsp flaked almonds
1 Egg, separated
Preheat oven to gas mark 5 or 190c
- Chop ginger in Food Chopper and leave in silicone base
- Heat the oil measured with adjustable measuring spoons in the 20cm executive sauté pan.
- Cut the onion into sections with Veggie Wedger, then chop in Manual Food Processor.Cook in the oil until soft for about 5 minutes and then stir in the curry powder and ginger using the small mix n scrape and cook for 1 min. Scrape into the classic batter bowl.
- Chop apricots with Food Chopper on cutting board. Add to batter bowl.
- Slice celery on cutting board . Add to Batter Bowl..
- Add the mango chutney and soured cream measured with the measure all cup
- Chop the chicken with the Santoku Knife on the Cutting Board and put it in the classic batter bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper using the grinder set
- Add a little squeezed lemon juice using Citrus press. Mix well using Mix ‘N Scraper.
- Unroll croissant dough, onto your Cutting Board cut into triangles with the Pizza Cutterand place around your Medium Round Stone with Handles with the wide ends of the triangles towards the centre leaving a hole in the middle.
- Press the seams together using the Bakers Roller.
- Place filling in circle on dough using Large Scoop
- Then fold dough over the filling and tuck in the middle – making a ring
- Separate an egg with the Egg Separator
- Glaze with egg white using the Pastry Brush
- Sprinkle over the flaked almonds.
Bake for 20-25 mins or until deep golden brown