This is a fabulous one-pot recipe that I got from the Sainsbury’s Magazine a few years ago. It is very tasty and economical too.
1 x 500g pack beef mince
1 onion, finely chopped
2 tbsp medium curry powder
450g potatoes, peeled and diced
400ml beef stock (made with a cube is fine!)
1 tsp garam masala
200g frozen peas
- Finely chop onion using Food Chopper.
- Stir-fry the mince in Skillet for 3-4 minutes until changing colour.
- Add onion and cook for a further 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the mince has browned.
- Stir in the curry powder and potatoes and cook for 1 minute.
- Pour in the stock. Bring to a simmer, cover and cook for 20-25 minutes at a brisk simmer until the potatoes are tender.
- Add the garam masala and season. (At this point you can cool and freeze if you wish to)
- (If frozen defrost) Stir in peas and simmer for a further 5 minutes (if defrosted from frozen bring to a simmer and reheat for 10 minutes.)
- Serve with naan bread, mango chutney and natural yoghurt. YUM!!