This is a recipe that I have adapted from the BBC Good Food website. I had managed to buy too many eggs and needed something to use them up. I served this up to 2 big “meat-eaters” but neither noticed as it is so hearty and tasty. The original recipe had 1 tbsp of oil but I reduced that to 1tsp. With a Pampered Chef Skillet I would suggest you could probably manage without any oil if you wanted to.
- 4 medium potatoes (about 600g/1lb 5oz), thinly sliced using Simple Slicer on setting 2
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 8 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 100g pack soft rindless goat’s cheese , sliced
- 3 tbsp pesto
- handful rocket leaves
- Boil the potatoes in salted water for 5 mins until just tender. Meanwhile, heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Mix the garlic and eggs together in Classic Batter Bowl with some seasoning, then drain the potatoes and stir into the egg.
- Heat the oil in 30cm Skillet, then tip in the egg and potato mixture. Cook over a low heat for 5 mins or until two-thirds of the frittata is set, then cook in the oven for 10-15 mins until cooked through.
- Remove from the Skillet. As you can see from the photo this is such an easy job with a Pampered Chef Skillet, nothing stuck at all!!
- Arrange the goat’s cheese round the edge of the frittata and drizzle with the pesto. Top with rocket and serve with a tomato & basil salad, if you like.
426 kcalories, protein 23.0g, carbohydrate 25.0g, fat 26.0 g, saturated fat 8.0g, fibre 2.0g, sugar 1.0g, salt 0.9 g