This is a FANTASTIC family meal. Made here with chicken though easily replaced with Quorn for vegetarians. So easy, and so very tasty
2 tbps chopped fresh coriander
200g full fat soft cheese
200g mature Cheddar cheese, grated
2 jars (395g each) enchilada cooking sauce
8 (19cm) tortillas (about 300g total weight)
450g skinless, boneless cooked chicken, diced
Additional chopped fresh coriander for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180C/ fan 160C/ Gas 4. Chop coriander either using Chef’s Knife on Cutting Board or (my preferred method) putting the coriander in a Prep Bowl and snipping with Professional Shears (if you have snipped too much put the lid on and keep in the fridge for another time).
- Place soft cheese in Classic Batter Bowl; microwave, uncovered, on High for 30-45 seconds or until very soft. Add coriander and 100g of Cheddar cheese; mix well using Small Mix ‘N Scraper. Set aside. Chop onion using Food Chopper; set aside.
- Spread half a jar of enchilada sauce over the base of Deep Covered Baker; set aside remaining half a jar of sauce for later use. Pour second full jar of enchilada sauce into 3.5 ltr Bamboo Fibre Mixing Bowl; set aside. Cut two of the tortillas in half using Chef’s Knife.
- To assemble lasagne, using Chef’s Tongs, dip two whole tortillas and two half tortillas in enchilada sauce in mixing bowl (being careful not to break them); arrange over sauce in baker, overlapping and folding over edges as necessary. Scoop half of the soft cheese mixture over tortillas using Small Scoop; spread evenly using Small Spreader. Top with one third of chicken and one third of onion. Repeat layers once.
- Dip remaining two whole tortillas into sauce and arrange over second layer. Top with remaining chicken and onion. Pour reserved half jar of enchilada sauce evenly over lasagne, plus any remaining sauce in mixing bowl; sprinkle with remaining Cheddar cheese.
- Bake, covered, 45-50 minutes or until cooked and hot. Remove baker from oven, leave to stand, covered 5 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with additional chopped coriander, if desired. Cut into portions using Utility Knife; using Mini Serving Spatula.
This recipe can be assembled up to one day in advance. Prepare through to end of step 4; cover and refrigerate. When ready to cook, let baker stand at room temperature 15 minutes before cooking. Bake, covered, in preheated oved for 1-1.25 hrs or until hot.