This is a real family favourite and is an adaptation from a Sainsbury’s TV recipe from years back.
This takes just a few ingredients and makes something truly delicious.
454g Turkey stirfry or turkey breast sliced
25g Plain Flour
freshly ground Black Pepper
3 tbsp Olive Oil
1 Garlic Clove
1 bunch Spring Onions, sliced
150g ready to eat Dried Apricots, chopped
300ml Semi-Skimmed Milk
100g Cheddar Cheese, grated, divided
40g Wholemeal Breadcrumbs
2 tbsp Chopped fresh Parsley, or 1 tsp dried Mixed Herbs
- Preheat oven to 190C/ 170C fan/ Gas Mark 5
- Coat the turkey strips in the flour seasoned with pepper.
- Press Garlic into Skillet using Garlic Press and add Olive Oil. Heat over medium-high heat for 30 secs (take care not to burn the garlic). Add the turkey and cook for 2-3 mins, stirring, until sealed. (In the photo below you can see the strips which have begun to seal as they are turning pale)
- Stir in the onions and apricots, then add the milk.
- Cook for a further 2-3 minutes stirring until thickened and smooth, then stir in 75g of the cheese. Transfer the mixture to Stoneware Baker (I’ve used my Square Baker).
- Mix together the Breadcrumbs, Parsley and remaining Cheese and sprinkle over the turkey mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. I serve with Rice (cooked with Rice Cooker Plus) and Steamed Broccoli.