This chocolate cake recipe was given to me by my lovely friend Anne. It is perfect for the Rectangular Stoneware Baker and for making a large cake for a big occasion. The topping is an adaptation of a couple I have seen floating around Facebook.
So very, very easy, its almost feels like cheating!!
Ingredients for Cake
12oz Soft Unsalted Butter or Margarine
9oz Self Raising Flour
3 oz Cocoa
Ingredients for Butter Icing
6oz Icing Sugar
4oz very soft Unsalted Butter/ Marg
1 or 2 tbps Cocoa to taste
- Preheat Oven 170C/ 150C Fan/ Gas 4
- Beat the butter/marg and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs slowly and beat.
- Fold Flour and Cocoa in.
- Put mixture into Rectangular Baker and smooth top a bit.
- Cook for 40 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean.
- Leave to cool before attempting icing.
For the icing combine Butter and Icing Sugar in Batter Bowl until fully mixed. Add cocoa to taste. Spread over cake using Small Spreader.