These really are fudgy brownies and very, very simple. As I made this at my show yesterday someone commented that I just ‘bang’ the recipe about and didn’t bother about “folding” and “light stirring” and “looking after all the air”. It really isn’t needed with this recipe at all!! The Salsa tastes absolutely fabulous with the brownies, especially when they are served warm!
My top tip for making the Brownies (this is true of all brownie recipes) – DON”T be tempted to keep them in the oven even if they don’t look totally cooked. Its easy to ‘overbake’ brownies and end up with tasty but dry rather than fudgy brownies!!
Fudgy Chocolate Brownies
- 225g (8oz) caster sugar
- 85g (3oz) self raising flour
- 40g (1½ oz) cocoa powder, sifted
- A pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp milk
- 115g (4oz) margarine (melted)
- Preheat oven to 180C / Gas 4. Spray bottom of Medium Bar Pan with vegetable oil using Kitchen Spritzer. For brownies, in Classic Batter Bowl, combine sugar, flour, coca powder and salt; mix well.
- In Small Batter Bowl, whisk eggs and milk until blended using Stainless Steel Whisk. Add eggs and milk to flour mixture together with melted margarine; whisk until well blended and smooth.
- Pour batter into bar pan; spread evenly using Small Mix ‘N Scraper. Bake about 25 minutes or until centre is set. Do not over-bake. Remove from oven to Stackable Cooling Rack; cool completely (or alternatively dive in whilst still warm!!!)
Makes 12 brownies
Apple Berry Salsa
This luscious salsa is the perfect accompaniment to chocolate brownies!
- 2 Granny Smiths apples
- 200 g / 7 oz strawberries
- 1 kiwi fruit
- 1 orange
- 2 Tbsp light soft brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp strawberry jam
- Cut apples into quarters; chop using Food Chopper OR chop using Manual Food Processor.
- If using Manual Food processor add all other ingredients except strawberries (using Citrus Press to juice the orange) and lightly mix.
- Hull strawberries with the Cooks Corer and slice with Egg Slicer Plus. Add strawberries to sales and serve with brownies.
- If using Food Chopper, add apple and all other ingredients except strawberries (using Citrus Press to juice the orange) to Small Batter Bowl and lightly mix using Small Mix ‘N Scraper. Add strawberries and serve with brownies.
Serves 8 greedy people as a dessert or up 24 as a gentile taste!