This is a store cupboard recipe I have adapted from the Sainsbury’s magazine. It is exactly what is says in the title, easy and also really tasty.
8 medium eggs at room temperature
1tbsp sunflower oil
1 large onion, finely chopped using Food Chopper
3 garlic cloves, crushed with Garlic Press
1 tsp mustard seeds (original recipe says black seeds but I use standard ones!)
2 tbsp curry paste
1 x tin Coconut Milk
1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
chopped coriander, to serve (optional)
- Boil the eggs for 6-7 minutes. Drain, run under cold water, until cooled. Peel, halve and set aside.
- Heat the oil in 24cm Executive Saute Pan. Add the chopped onion and fry for 15 mins, or until it has softened.
- Add the garlic, mustard seeds and curry paste. Stir fry for 2 minutes, then add the coconut milk and tomatoes. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat to medium, cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the eggs and heat through for 1-2 minutes. Season and remove from the heat.
- Sprinkle with chopped coriander and serve with Basmati Rice and naan bread.