I have to give all the credit for this brilliant idea to my good friend Gill. She showed me how to make my own garlic bread and I have never bought shop-made since. This bread is just as quick as pre-made, much more tasty and much cheaper and so is a complete no-brainer!!
Butter (I recommend real butter rather than marg or spread), room temperature
I use 1 garlic clove and 1oz (25g) butter per baguette, Obviously if you prefer it to be more garlicky just add more.
- Preheat oven to 180C/fan 170C/ Gas 6.
- Add butter to Prep Bowl, Press garlic clove using Garlic Press into the prep bowl. Use Spreader to mix them together.
- Slice the baguette using Bread Knife. Try not to slice all the way through keeping the loaf in tact (not always possible but worth it for aesthetics later!)
- Carefully spread the generously between each slice.
- Place baguette(s) on Stoneware (Pictured here is a Medium Round Stone with Handles but any will do). Put Stoneware in oven.
- Cook for approx 15-18n minutes until bread looks brown and toasty.