How about this treat of a recipe from our current Season’s Best Recipe Book?! It actually tastes even better than it looks!!! Who would have thought that a cake cooked in the microwave could taste this good. I do actually think that the Pampered Chef Rockcrok makes the difference with this. The recipe talks about the Everyday Pan but the Dutch Oven will do just fine.
30 g plain chocolate chips
175 g light soft brown sugar
150 g self-raising flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
25 g cocoa powder
100 g butter, melted and slightly cooled
100 ml semi-skimmed milk
300 g regular-sized white marshmallows or 100 g mini marshmallows (1-cm size) (see Chef’s Corner)
2 digestive biscuits, coarsely crumbled (optional)
- Place chocolate chips in (250-ml) Prep Bowl, microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 60 – 90 seconds or until almost melted, stir until smooth. Set aside.
- Place sugar, flour, baking powder and cocoa powder in Classic Batter Bowl; mix well. In Small Batter Bowl, whisk butter, milk and eggs together until well combined using Stainless Whisk.
- Pour egg mixture into the flour mixture; whisk together until well combined and smooth. Pour sponge batter into Rockcrok® (2.35-Litre) Everyday Pan. Microwave, covered, on HIGH 5 – 6 minutes or until a wooden cocktail stick comes out clean when inserted into centre of sponge. Meanwhile, preheat a hot grill.
- Remove pan from microwave oven; arrange marshmallows in a single layer over sponge. Place pan 5 – 10 cm from heating element; grill 20 – 50 seconds or until marshmallows are golden brown. Remove pan from grill.
- To crumble biscuits easily use a Food Chopper. Sprinkle crumbled biscuits over marshmallows, if desired. Spoon chocolate into small polythene food bag; secure top with Twixit! Clip. Trim a small tip off one corner of bag; drizzle chocolate over marshmallow topping. Serve immediately using Chef’s Tools Spoon.
Yield: Serves 8 – 10
Per serving: Nutrition information per serving (serving 10): Energy 1382kJ/327kcal, Protein 4.8g, Carbohydrate 56.7g, Sugars 39.6g, Fat 11g, Saturated fat 6.5g, Fibre 0.8g, Salt 0.4g
Cook’s Tip: A mix of white and pink marshmallows can be used to top the pudding, if desired. Alternatively, use 100 g mini marshmallows for a slightly less sweet topping.
To oven bake: Preheat oven to 190ºC/fan 170ºC/Gas 5. Make sponge as directed in step 2 and 3, but oven bake, uncovered, for 25 – 30 minutes or until sponge is fully cooked. Remove from oven. Preheat a hot grill. Melt chocolate as directed in step 1. Arrange marshmallows in a single layer over sponge and finish as recipe directs.
© 2014 The Pampered Chef used under license.