This is a really, really tasty risotto that even my meat-loving family enjoy!! It is also really, really easy because it is another “Chuck and Bung” recipe where all ingredients are chucked in the Stoneware or RokCrok and then bunged in the oven… no stirring required at all!
250-300g cherry tomatoes
1 garlic clove
Baby spinach (good handful)
2 small red onions
1 small red pepper
6 small mushrooms
2 sticks celery
225g risotto rice
250ml white wine
450ml boiling water with a vegetable stock cube added (I like Knorr Stockpots)
2 teaspoons sundried tomato paste
50g piece fresh parmesan plus 25g to shave over
- Preheat oven to 180/160fan/Gas 4
- Using Food Chopper, finely chop onions and celery. Slice peppers and mushrooms with Utility Knife. Place in Large Micro Cooker with the butter, put lid on and microwave on high 2 mins. Take out and stir. Cook on high another 2 minutes until vegetables are softened.
- Measure stock and wine in Classic Batter Bowl and add with rice and vegetables from micro cooker to Deep Covered Baker or RokCrock. Press in the garlic with the Garlic Press. Slice cherry tomatoes in half and stir in with sun dried tomato paste and a grind of salt andpepper.
- Put Deep Covered Baker in oven for 40-45 mins until rice is cooked.
- Stir in grated cheese and spinach. Shave over remaining parmesan with Garlic Slicer and drizzle over a little olive oil.