Oh my goodness, it has been sooo long since I posted a new recipe?!! Where has that time flown? Well, I am pleased to say that I return today with TWO new recipes. Both of which I didn’t expect much from, but both of which surpassed all expectations! This first recipe is a 70’s throwback recipe for Pineapple Upside-Down Cake – made in the microwave!! My first thought was that it was going to taste too spongy or ‘fake’ but I was blown away with how light, fluffy and moist it was. I don’t know how much of this is to do with the Pampered Chef Rockcrok, but I love it – and will be making it again!
50 g butter
50 g light soft brown sugar
7 canned pineapple slices
7 cocktail maraschino flavor cherries
175 g self-raising flour
4 tsp baking powder
175 g golden caster sugar
100 g butter
100 ml semi-skimmed milk
- Melt the butter in Rockcrok Everyday Pan over a medium heat until melted (approx. 1 – 2 minutes). Add brown sugar and cook until sugar is dissolved and bubbling, stirring continuously with Small Mix ‘N Scraper. Remove from heat.
- Open Pineapple tin using Smooth Edge Can Opener. Using Stainless Colander drain pineapple. Arrange pineapple slices in a single layer in base of Rockcrok. Place a cherry in centre of each pineapple slice.
- Using Easy Read Measuring Cup measure 100ml of milk. Put butter in 500ml Prep Bowl and melt in the microwave (about 30-40 seconds). Remove from microwave to cool slightly.
- Place flour, baking powder and caster sugar in Classic Batter Bowl; using Bamboo Spoon mix well.
- In Small Batter Bowl, whisk melted butter, milk and eggs together until well combined using Stainless Whisk.
- Pour egg mixture into the flour mixture; then whisk together until well combined and smooth. Slowly pour cake batter over pineapple. Microwave, covered, on HIGH 9 – 10 minutes or until a wooden cocktail stick or cake tester comes out clean when inserted into centre of cake.
- Remove pan from microwave. Run Skinny Scraper around cake edges to loosen. Immediately invert cake onto Shimmering Glass Round Platter. Serve warm.