This is a slightly different version of a sweet and sour “Chuck & Bung”. I really like the warmth from the chilli and using the pineapple juice makes this a really juicy family meal. Try it – you will love it!
4 Skinless Chicken Breasts
2 Medium Onions
2 Peppers (any Colour)
225g can Water Chestnuts, Drained.
3 Cloves Garlic
1 Small piece of fresh Ginger
Freshly Ground Pepper
640g of Tinned pineapple in Juice
4 Tbsp Corn Flour
4Tbsp Dark Soy Sauce
4Tbsp White Wine Vinegar
4Tbsp Soft Light Brown Sugar
4Tbsp Tomato Ketchup
1 Tsp Dried Chilli Flakes
Small Bag Basmati Rice
- Put oven on to 200C/ 180 fan/ Gas 6.
- Chop the chicken into bite size pieces using Forged Cutlery Knife on the Cutting Board. Add to the Rectangular Baker.
- Using a knife, peel the onions and cut into quarters. Finely chop using Food Chopper. Add to the Rectangular Baker.
- Using a knife, cut the peppers into 3cm pieces. Add to the Rectangular Baker.
- Open water chestnuts using Smooth Edge Can Opener and drain using Stainless Colander. Slice water chestnuts horizontally using the Knife. Add to the Rectangular Baker
- Crush the garlic directly into the baker using the Garlic Press.
- Grate the ginger directly into the baker using the Microplane Fine Grater
- Add freshly ground pepper using Grinder.
- Open Pineapple tin using Smooth Edge Can Opener. Drain the pineapple using Stainless Colander pouring juice into Easy Read Measuring Cup.
- Using large Adjustable Measuring Spoon add 4 tbsp of corn flour to Classic Batter Bowl. Add 3 tbsp of pineapple juice and mix to a paste using Mini Mix ‘N Scraper.
- Add the remaining juice to the Batter Bowl, and add the water using the same measuring cup
- Using Mini Easy Read Measuring Cup and both Adjustable Measuring Spoons add all remaining ingredients (except for rice) into the Batter Bowl.
- Add the sauce to the baker. Mix together using Small Mix ‘N Scraper.
- Place in oven for 30 mins – until bubbling nicely.
- Boil full Kettle. Using Large Easy Read Measuring Cup add 2 cups of rice and 4 cups of boiling water to Rice Cooker Plus. Place in Microwave for 15 mins or until all the water is absorbed.