This salad is the one that I usually serve with the Indoor/Outdoor Burger but is a gorgeous salad all on its own. The dressing is really luxurious and different. I would be happy to eat this salad with a couple of friends for a really easy lunch or use it as a side salad with the burgers for 5 or 6 people. As always, its a Pampered Chef recipe so it is incredibly easy to make, especially if you have a Pampered Chef Serrated Peeler. This makes easy work of peeling the delicious, if a bit tricky, sweet potatoes!
3 large sweet potatoes (about 1kg in weight), peeled
2 tablespoons of olive oil
Salt and Pepper
1 Red-skinned eating apple
2 sticks of celery
2 spring onions
150g fresh rocket leaves
4 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 orange (4 tbsp juice & 1tsp zest)
1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
1 teaspoon mild or medium curry powder (or to taste)
1. Cut potatoes crossways into 1cm slices using Santoku Knife; cut slices in half (or quarters if big). Put in Classic Batter Bowl; add oil and toss to coat.
2. Arrange potatoes in a single layer on Rectangle Stone; & season. Bake about 25 minutes, until potatoes are tender and beginning to brown round edges. Remove from oven, cool slightly.
3. For dressing add all ingredients to Measure, Mix and Pour and whisk well until well blended and smooth; (using Microplane Zester, Citrus Press, Mini Measure All Cup & Adjustable Measuring Spoons)
4. Place potatoes in Bamboo Fibre Bowl. Core apple with Apple Wedger and Food Chopper and chop celery with Utility Knife. Use Professional Shears to snip spring onions. Add to potatoes.
5. Drizzle about 5 tbsp of the dressing over potato mixture; toss gently to mix. Place some rocket leaves on plate; drizzle with a little dressing. Place potato mixture over rocket and serve with burgers.