These little babies are absolutely DELICIOUS! My eldest daughter made them first and they are a complete doddle. They look kind of cute but when you eat one they are beyond divine! Anyway, please try!
60 g salted butter, softened
30 g light soft brown sugar
100 g self-raising flour, plus extra for dusting
1 egg yolk
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
40 g dairy toffees (about 5 toffees)
2 teaspoons milk
Icing sugar, for dusting (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180ºC/fan 160ºC/Gas 4.
- Line base of Medium Sheet Pan with non-stick baking paper; set aside.
- Process butter and brown sugar in Manual Food Processor until smooth and creamy. Add flour, egg yolk and vanilla extract; process until a soft crumb-like mixture forms.
- Carefully remove blade. Bring the mixture together by hand to form a smooth ball of dough. On a lightly floured surface, divide dough into 16 even-sized pieces using Utility Knife. Roll each piece of dough into a ball by hand.
- Place dough balls on prepared pan, spacing evenly apart. Using thumb, make a small indentation in centre of each dough ball. Bake cookies 12 – 14 minutes or until a pale golden colour.
- Meanwhile, place toffees and milk in (500-ml) Prep BowlM/B>. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 30 – 40 seconds or until toffees are nearly melted. Stir until smooth and well combined; set aside.
- Remove cookies from oven. Carefully slide baking paper and cookies onto Stackable Cooling Rack. Spoon toffee mixture into wells of cookies; let cool 5 minutes or until cookies are firm enough to handle.
- Transfer cookies to serving plate using Mini Nylon Serving Spatula. Lightly dust with icing sugar, if desired. Serve warm or cold.
Yield: Makes 16
Per serving: Nutrition information per cookie: Energy 1183kJ/282kcal, Protein 3.4g, Carbohydrate 33.6g, Sugars 12.7g, Fat 16g, Saturated fat 9.3g, Fibre 0.8g, Salt 0.5g
Cook’s Tip: The cookies can also be baked on the Rectangle Stone lined with non-stick baking paper. Bake cookies 15 – 17 minutes or until a pale golden colour. Finish as recipe directs.
If any baked cookies lose their indentation, gently press cookie centre with the back of a teaspoon whilst still hot, prior to spooning in toffee filling.
© 2014 The Pampered Chef used under license.