This is a really delicious summer recipe. These burgers are so easy to make. The result is a succulent, juicy and slightly spicy burger. I call it the Indoor/ Outdoor Burger because, technically these can be cooked on a BBQ but so far, as I do live in England where the weather just seems to KNOW when I am planning a BBQ, I have always ended up cooking it on a piece of Stoneware in my oven!!! When I make these at shows I also make a fabulous Roasted Sweet Potato Salad with Citrus-Curry Dressing. YUM!!!
2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
500g lean minced pork
50g fresh breadcrumbs
1 small piece fresh ginger
2 cloves of garlic,
1½ teaspoons garam masala
¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 200/fan 180/Gas 6.
In Stainless 4-litre Mixing Bowl, place pork, breadcrumbs and egg. Chop coriander using Professional Shears, measure seasoning with Adjustable Measuring Spoons, press garlic & ginger with Garlic Press and combine using Mix n Chop.
Burgers ready for the oven.
- Using the large scoop, form about 8-10 mini-burgers and transfer to Medium Round Stone. Place Measure All Cup over meat & squash into burger shape! Bake for 18-22 minutes or until burgers are lightly browned and fully cooked (juices should run clear when pierced with a knife).
All cooked and ready to eat!!
These are delicious served with Roasted Sweet Potato Salad and Citrus-Curry Dressing.
Filed under Batter Bowl, Easy Cooking, Family Cooking, Garlic, Garlic Press, Ginger, Medium Bar Pan, Medium Round Stone, Pork, Quick Cooking, Stoneware, Tea
Roasted Sweet Potato Salad with Spicy Pork Burger. Yummy!
(Apology for the slightly blurry image!)
This salad is the one that I usually serve with the Indoor/Outdoor Burger but is a gorgeous salad all on its own. The dressing is really luxurious and different. I would be happy to eat this salad with a couple of friends for a really easy lunch or use it as a side salad with the burgers for 5 or 6 people. As always, its a Pampered Chef recipe so it is incredibly easy to make, especially if you have a Pampered Chef Serrated Peeler. This makes easy work of peeling the delicious, if a bit tricky, sweet potatoes!
3 large sweet potatoes (about 1kg in weight), peeled
2 tablespoons of olive oil
Salt and Pepper
1 Red-skinned eating apple
2 sticks of celery
2 spring onions
150g fresh rocket leaves
4 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 orange (4 tbsp juice & 1tsp zest)
1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
1 teaspoon mild or medium curry powder (or to taste)
1. Cut potatoes crossways into 1cm slices using Santoku Knife; cut slices in half (or quarters if big). Put in Classic Batter Bowl; add oil and toss to coat.
2. Arrange potatoes in a single layer on Rectangle Stone; & season. Bake about 25 minutes, until potatoes are tender and beginning to brown round edges. Remove from oven, cool slightly.
3. For dressing add all ingredients to Measure, Mix and Pour and whisk well until well blended and smooth; (using Microplane Zester, Citrus Press, Mini Measure All Cup & Adjustable Measuring Spoons)
4. Place potatoes in Bamboo Fibre Bowl. Core apple with Apple Wedger and Food Chopper and chop celery with Utility Knife. Use Professional Shears to snip spring onions. Add to potatoes.
5. Drizzle about 5 tbsp of the dressing over potato mixture; toss gently to mix. Place some rocket leaves on plate; drizzle with a little dressing. Place potato mixture over rocket and serve with burgers.
Roasted Sweet Potato Salad without the dressing.
Filed under Batter Bowl, Citrus Fruits, Citrus Press, Deep Covered Baker, Deep Dish Baker, Easy Cooking, Family Cooking, Food Chopper, Garlic Press, Medium Bar Pan, Medium Round Stone, Microplane Grater, Square Baker, Stoneware