This is a really gorgeous cheesecake from Amanda one of my fabulous Pampered Chef colleagues (though she isn’t sure where she got it from!) via Belinda who raved about it until I tried it!! As always its also very easy to make.
300g bourbon biscuits
400g Philadelphia cream cheese (must be full fat!)
120g golden caster sugar (super fine)
240ml double or whipping cream
½ teaspoon vanilla extract or paste (optional)
(Optional: a few squares of plain chocolate for grating over top)
- Chop biscuits using Food Chopper.
- Melt butter in Large Micro Cooker in the microwave – takes about 1 1/2 minutes on medium – check after every 30 seconds though!
- Stir biscuit into melted butter and press mixture firmly into Pampered Chef Springform Pan (or suitable 22cm springform pan) (I press the mixture down with my Mini Tart Shaper.)
- Chill base in fridge whilst you get on with the filling
- Soften cream cheese in Small Stainless Bowl with Small Mix n Scraper.
- Add sugar and combine.
- In Classic Batter Bowl whisk the cream using Double Balloon Whisk then add cream to cream cheese and sugar mixture. Add the optional vanilla extract/paste and combine.
- Break up Toblerone and melt in microwave in Large Micro Cooker. Do this at medium heat and check every 30 seconds. Should take approximately 1½ minutes. Fold into the cheesecake mix to combine as thoroughly as possible then put into springform pan.
- Place into fridge for 2-3 hours or overnight. (If you are in a hurry put in the freezer for 20-minutes to firm up!)
- Serve topped with chocolate shavings (The Pampered Chef Garlic Slicer makes this a doodle)
You could add a little Bailey’s to the mixture if you like too!
Some tell me they like to serve this with cream but I think that’s gilding the lily a little too much personally!