This is a store cupboard recipe I have adapted from the Sainsbury’s magazine. It is exactly what is says in the title, easy and also really tasty.
8 medium eggs at room temperature
1tbsp sunflower oil
1 large onion, finely chopped using Food Chopper
3 garlic cloves, crushed with Garlic Press
1 tsp mustard seeds (original recipe says black seeds but I use standard ones!)
2 tbsp curry paste
1 x tin Coconut Milk
1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
chopped coriander, to serve (optional)
- Boil the eggs for 6-7 minutes. Drain, run under cold water, until cooled. Peel, halve and set aside.
- Heat the oil in 24cm Executive Saute Pan. Add the chopped onion and fry for 15 mins, or until it has softened.
- Add the garlic, mustard seeds and curry paste. Stir fry for 2 minutes, then add the coconut milk and tomatoes. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat to medium, cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the eggs and heat through for 1-2 minutes. Season and remove from the heat.
- Sprinkle with chopped coriander and serve with Basmati Rice and naan bread.
This is a fabulous one-pot recipe that I got from the Sainsbury’s Magazine a few years ago. It is very tasty and economical too.
1 x 500g pack beef mince
1 onion, finely chopped
2 tbsp medium curry powder
450g potatoes, peeled and diced
400ml beef stock (made with a cube is fine!)
1 tsp garam masala
200g frozen peas
- Finely chop onion using Food Chopper.
- Stir-fry the mince in Skillet for 3-4 minutes until changing colour.
- Add onion and cook for a further 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the mince has browned.
- Stir in the curry powder and potatoes and cook for 1 minute.
- Pour in the stock. Bring to a simmer, cover and cook for 20-25 minutes at a brisk simmer until the potatoes are tender.
- Add the garam masala and season. (At this point you can cool and freeze if you wish to)
- (If frozen defrost) Stir in peas and simmer for a further 5 minutes (if defrosted from frozen bring to a simmer and reheat for 10 minutes.)
- Serve with naan bread, mango chutney and natural yoghurt. YUM!!