Following on from the success of sharing my coleslaw I thought I would share the other side salad which is a mainstay of our summers and BBQs! This potato salad is absolutely divine warm but also fabulous cold which means it can easily be made ahead of the day. It is also ridiculously easy – ANYONE can make this and feel proud of their own homemade brilliance!
Now, as an ex-Pampered Chef consultant I use my Pampered Chef tools to make my life much easier but you can, obviously, manage without if you haven’t got a Micro Cooker!
Bag of Salad Potatoes – Charlotte or Jersey Royals are ideal.
- Wash potatoes.
- Put bag of potatoes into Large Micro Cooker (I buy a 1kg bag), and put the lid on. Cook in the Microwave on high for 10 minutes. (If you don’t have a micro cooker, or even a microwave, then gently boil the potatoes on the hob until soft enough for a knife to be able to stab into them.
- Drain the potatoes and allow to cool. If aiming to serve warm just cool until the potatoes stop steaming and are just warm. If serving cold or later allow to cool completely.
- Chop the potatoes into smaller chunks. How small you go is up to you.
- Add large dollop of mayonnaise, be generous.
- Snip 2 or 3 ‘blades’ of chives into small pieces into the bowl.
- Mix well. Enjoy!
Hotpot ready to go in the oven
3 chicken breasts and 6oz to 8oz chorizo
Drop of olive oil
1 red pepper
1 tin tomatoes
½ pint chicken stock
1 can chick peas (drained)
Salt and pepper
1 tblsp smoked paprika
2 large cloves of garlic
1 chilli (optional)
Good handful of fresh parsley
Crusty French bread to serve
1) Chop onion and red pepper (and chilli if desired) using Food Chopper or Manual Food Processor add to Deep Covered Baker / Rectangular Baker.
2) Draining chick peas using Easy Read Measuring Colander, add to Stoneware. Add garlic using Garlic Press, smoked paprika using Easy Read Measuring Spoons and tomatoes (chop using Mix ‘N Chop)
3) Snip some fresh parsley using Professional Shears and sprinkle
4) Add ½ pint of chicken stock using Small Batter Bowl
5) Chop Chicken and Chorizo on Cutting Board using Forged Cutlery 13cm Utility Knife and put into Stoneware
6) All ingredients are now in Deep Covered Baker / Rectangular baker (if using a smaller baker just reduce ingredients slightly), stir.
Cook for approx 40 mins in oven at 180c / Gas mark 4
Serve with crusty bread
Hotpot after half was served!
Filed under Batter Bowl, Chicken, Chilli, Deep Covered Baker, Easy Cooking, Family Cooking, Food Chopper, Garlic, Garlic Press, Manual Food Processor, Other, Pork, RockCrok, Tea, Tomato