My blog has developed into having 2 purposes. The original reason that I began writing was to have an easy reference place for my Pampered Chef customers to find as many brilliant Pampered Chef recipes in one place as possible. Along the way a secondary, and very pleasing, purpose has blossomed into life. My 2 eldest girls are now 11 & 13 years old and I have realised that I really do need to get on with teaching them how to cook before they get up and leave home!! So, this blog has also turned into a repository of recipes that I make so that they can learn and make our favourite home recipes.
So, this is how you find a Jamie Oliver recipe joining the Pampered Chef ones! This recipe is a really simple one pot recipe and, in the (longed for!) summer months is a great recipe for courgettes which allotment owners will appreciate!
Serves 4 (easily)
250g Smoked Streaky Bacon
2 Garlic Cloves
40g medium mature Cheddar
200ml Creme Fraiche
400g pasta (whatever shape takes your fancy!) I use Wholewheat pasta for the extra fibre.
1. Boil a large pan of salted water and cook 400g pasta , following pack instructions.
2. Slice 250g Smoked streaky bacon and fry in a Family Skillet (large frying) Pan until golden brown. Slice 2 cloves of garlic using Garlic Slicer and add for the last minute or so.
3. Slice courgettes lengthways into quarters and cut into chunks. Add to the frying pan and cook for a couple of minutes with the bacon and garlic until they are slightly softened.
4. Once the pasta is cooked, drain in a colander, then put back in the pan. Add about half a tub of crème fraîche, some freshly ground black pepper and a handful of grated Cheddar. Mix together.
5. Gently fold the bacon and courgette mixture into the pasta and grate the remaining cheese on top.
6. Eat and Enjoy!