Toasted Marshmallow Pudding… YUM!
How about this treat of a recipe from our current Season’s Best Recipe Book?! It actually tastes even better than it looks!!! Who would have thought that a cake cooked in the microwave could taste this good. I do actually think that the Pampered Chef Rockcrok makes the difference with this. The recipe talks about the Everyday Pan but the Dutch Oven will do just fine.
30 g plain chocolate chips
175 g light soft brown sugar
150 g self-raising flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
25 g cocoa powder
100 g butter, melted and slightly cooled
100 ml semi-skimmed milk
300 g regular-sized white marshmallows or 100 g mini marshmallows (1-cm size) (see Chef’s Corner)
2 digestive biscuits, coarsely crumbled (optional)
- Place chocolate chips in (250-ml) Prep Bowl, microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 60 – 90 seconds or until almost melted, stir until smooth. Set aside.
- Place sugar, flour, baking powder and cocoa powder in Classic Batter Bowl; mix well. In Small Batter Bowl, whisk butter, milk and eggs together until well combined using Stainless Whisk.
- Pour egg mixture into the flour mixture; whisk together until well combined and smooth. Pour sponge batter into Rockcrok® (2.35-Litre) Everyday Pan. Microwave, covered, on HIGH 5 – 6 minutes or until a wooden cocktail stick comes out clean when inserted into centre of sponge. Meanwhile, preheat a hot grill.
- Remove pan from microwave oven; arrange marshmallows in a single layer over sponge. Place pan 5 – 10 cm from heating element; grill 20 – 50 seconds or until marshmallows are golden brown. Remove pan from grill.
- To crumble biscuits easily use a Food Chopper. Sprinkle crumbled biscuits over marshmallows, if desired. Spoon chocolate into small polythene food bag; secure top with Twixit! Clip. Trim a small tip off one corner of bag; drizzle chocolate over marshmallow topping. Serve immediately using Chef’s Tools Spoon.
Yield: Serves 8 – 10
Per serving: Nutrition information per serving (serving 10): Energy 1382kJ/327kcal, Protein 4.8g, Carbohydrate 56.7g, Sugars 39.6g, Fat 11g, Saturated fat 6.5g, Fibre 0.8g, Salt 0.4g
Cook’s Tip: A mix of white and pink marshmallows can be used to top the pudding, if desired. Alternatively, use 100 g mini marshmallows for a slightly less sweet topping.
To oven bake: Preheat oven to 190ºC/fan 170ºC/Gas 5. Make sponge as directed in step 2 and 3, but oven bake, uncovered, for 25 – 30 minutes or until sponge is fully cooked. Remove from oven. Preheat a hot grill. Melt chocolate as directed in step 1. Arrange marshmallows in a single layer over sponge and finish as recipe directs.
© 2014 The Pampered Chef used under license.
This recipe is divine and super easy…perhaps a little too easy!!!
35 g pecans, toasted and cooled, divided
75 g plain flour
20 g unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted, plus extra for flattening cookies
1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
A pinch of salt
75 g butter, softened
65 g light soft brown sugar
1 egg yolk
1 tablespoon milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
70 g plain chocolate chunks, divided
15 g mini white (or pink) marshmallows (about 1 cm in size) (I cut the mini marshmallows from my supermarket in half for the perfect size.)
Preheat oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/Gas 4. Line Rectangle Stone with non-stick baking paper; set aside. Roughly chop pecans on Cutting Board using Food Chopper; set aside. (Susie’s Top Tip: DON’T over chop pecans like me!! Much less rocky road than dirt track my way!!!) Combine flour, 20 g of the cocoa powder, the bicarbonate of soda and salt in Small Batter Bowl; mix well. In Stainless 2-Litre Mixing Bowl, using Bamboo Spoon, beat butter and sugar together 1–2 minutes or until mixture is light and creamy. Add egg yolk, milk and vanilla extract; beat well. Gradually add flour mixture, beating until mixture forms a stiff dough. Stir 15 g of the pecans and 40 g of the chocolate chunks into dough until well combined.
Using Small Scoop, drop 12 generous scoops of cookie dough, 4 cm apart, onto prepared baking stone (cookies will spread during baking). Dip back of scoop into extra cocoa powder; flatten cookies slightly using back of scoop. Lightly press remaining pecans and chocolate chunks into tops of cookies.
Bake 12–14 minutes or until edges of cookies are almost set. (Centres will be soft. Do not overbake.) Remove baking stone from oven to Stackable Cooling Rack; carefully slide baking paper with cookies on onto cooling rack. Immediately press mini marshmallows into tops of cookies. Leave in a cool place at least 15 minutes, then serve (with molten chocolate chunks at this stage), or cool completely before serving. (Susie’s Top Tip: BEWARE the molten chocolate when pressing the marshmallows in… its VERY HOT!!)
Yield: Makes 12 cookies
Per serving: Energy 641kJ/153kcal; Protein 1.9g; Carbohydrate 15.7g; Sugars 10.3g; Fat 9.8g; Saturated Fat 4.8g; Fibre 0.7g; Salt 0.1g
Cook’s Tip: For Giant Rocky Road Cookies, prepare as recipe directs, using 10 g mini white (or pink) marshmallows. Using Large Scoop, drop 6 level scoops of cookie dough, slightly apart, onto prepared baking stone; bake 14–16 minutes. Cool completely on baking paper; remove using Mini-Serving Spatula. Makes 6 giant cookies.
60 g plain chocolate chips can be substituted for the chocolate chunks, if desired. Use 40 g in step 1 and the remaining 20 g in step 2.
© null The Pampered Chef used under license.