Following on from the success of sharing my coleslaw I thought I would share the other side salad which is a mainstay of our summers and BBQs! This potato salad is absolutely divine warm but also fabulous cold which means it can easily be made ahead of the day. It is also ridiculously easy – ANYONE can make this and feel proud of their own homemade brilliance!
Now, as an ex-Pampered Chef consultant I use my Pampered Chef tools to make my life much easier but you can, obviously, manage without if you haven’t got a Micro Cooker!
Bag of Salad Potatoes – Charlotte or Jersey Royals are ideal.
- Wash potatoes.
- Put bag of potatoes into Large Micro Cooker (I buy a 1kg bag), and put the lid on. Cook in the Microwave on high for 10 minutes. (If you don’t have a micro cooker, or even a microwave, then gently boil the potatoes on the hob until soft enough for a knife to be able to stab into them.
- Drain the potatoes and allow to cool. If aiming to serve warm just cool until the potatoes stop steaming and are just warm. If serving cold or later allow to cool completely.
- Chop the potatoes into smaller chunks. How small you go is up to you.
- Add large dollop of mayonnaise, be generous.
- Snip 2 or 3 ‘blades’ of chives into small pieces into the bowl.
- Mix well. Enjoy!