I have been given a new “Chuck and Bung” recipe by my Pampered Chef colleague Deborah and its a corker!! This is the easiest sweet and sour recipe I have ever tried and it tastes fabulous. Deborah did suggest that you can double the sauce ingredients (ketchup, vinegar & sugar) but on my first go yesterday I just made it as the recipe suggest. Next time I think I shall try the double sauce approach (sorry Deborah for not listening!!)
• 9 tbsp tomato ketchup
• 3 tbsp malt vinegar
• 4 tbsp dark muscovado sugar or other brown sugar
• 2 garlic cloves , crushed
• 4 skinless and boneless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
• 1 small onion , roughly chopped
• 2 red peppers , seeded and cut into chunks
• 227g 8 oz can pineapples pieces in juice, drained
• 100g sugar snap peas , roughly sliced
• handful salted, roasted cashew nuts, optional
Use the Measure All Cup to measure the ketchup and the vinegar, tip into Classic Batter Bowl.
Add the dark brown sugar, using the Adjustable Measuring Spoons.
Use the Garlic Press to add the garlic to the Batter Bowl
Use Forged Cutlery Utility Knife to chop the chicken and add to the mix.
Throw in any chopped veg as desired! Mix well with Small Mix ‘N Scraper.
Chuck everything into the Rectangular Baker and bung in the oven at 180 for about 35-40 minutes.
Serve with rice! Delicious!!
Options: change the veg above for baby corn, mushrooms & peppers and leave out the pineapple. Susie