This is a new recipe which came with the ‘baby’ Rockcrok. I have eaten it once before but not actually made it – until last night’s Pampered Chef party. Well, I still didn’t actually make it – the guests did! – but I helped out here and there and saw just how easy it was. The thing which impressed me the most was how easily it dropped out of the Rockcrok when I turned it out. It just came straight out, absolutely no encouragement needed!! Plus it tasted absolutely fab, not at all rubbery like some microwave cakes can be. LOVED it! Make it – you won’t regret it.
175g dark soft brown sugar
2 tbsp water
100g pecan halves
200g trimmed and peeled carrots
150g self raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground mixed spice
Finely grated zest of 1 orange
150ml sunflower oil
- Add butter, 50g of the sugar and water to Rockcrok Casserole (1.9l).
- Put onto the hob on medium heat for 3-5mins or until sugar is dissolved and mixture begins to bubble, stirring continuously using Small Mix ‘N Scraper. Remove from heat and cool for 2 minutes.
- Starting on the outside edge of the Casserole, carefully place about 85g of the pecans upside down, close together in a circular pattern, in brown sugar mixture. Set aside.
- Coarsely chop remaining pecans in Food Chopper. Set aside.
- Peel carrots using Vegetable Peeler and trim ends off using Paring Knife. Grate carrots using Adjustable Microplane Coarse Grater into a Classic Batter Bowl.
- Zest orange using Microplane Zester directly into Batter Bowl.
- Using Small Adjustable Measuring Spoon add baking powder, cinnamon, mixed spice to the Batter Bowl. Add remaining sugar, flour, and chopped pecans to the bowl and stir using Bamboo Spoon.
- In Small Batter Bowl, whisk eggs and oil together using Stainless Whisk. Pour egg mixture into the carrot mixture, mix until well combined using Small Mix N Scraper. Spoon mixture carefully into Rockcrok and level surface.
- Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH for 7-9 minutes or until a wooden cocktail stick/ cake tester comes out clean when inserted into the centre of the sponge. The top will look quite moist and side shrunken away slightly. Remove cake from microwave to Stackable Cooling Rack. Let it stand, covered for 5 minutes, if you can resist the smell. Carefully invert the cake onto a serving plate. Serve warm or cold.